It’s Halloween! One of my favorite holidays of the year! Why? Because…
- I love seeing trick-or-treating children all dressed up.
- I love having an excuse to have CANDY in the house!
- I love carving pumpkins with my husband.
- I love watching scary movies.
- I love listening to the 7 or 8 Halloween-ish songs that are out there while cooking dinner.
- I love the imagination involved with this holiday!
- I love listening to children saying “Trick-or-Treat-Can-I-Pet-Your-Dog?”
- I love having a reason to wear my silly but oh-so stylish witch’s hat all day long
- I love coming up with ridiculous things to eat throughout the day that sound scary or just down right disgusting.
- I love all of the Halloween episodes that come on TV.
- I love getting my fun and festive cobweb bowls and pumpkin tureens down from my cabinets, even if only for just one night.
- I love seeing pictures of all of my friends babies and dogs dressed up as beautiful fairies and adorable bumblebees.
- I love inviting friends over for a Halloween feast!
(bread sticks with spinach dip)
BAKED BONES with SWAMP DIP
Our baked bones and swamp dip were a huge hit tonight. And so easy!!! The next time you’re looking for a quick and easy and super yummy appetizer or snack, you should consider this. But, unless it’s Halloween, perhaps you should skip the “bones” and stick with the “sticks”. But that is up to you.
- 1 can refrigerated bread stick dough (12 bread sticks)
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese
Swamp Dip Ingredients:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Romano Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoons Dried Basil
- ¼ teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 1½ cups Frozen Spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
- Set your oven to 375 degrees.
- Open the can of bread sticks and separate each stick out individually. Tie a knot in both ends of each stick and set aside.
- Drench each stick in parm and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While your “bones” are baking, prepare your dip by combining all of the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Mix well and then pop into the microwave and cook for 2 minutes. Stir. Pop back into microwave and cook another 2-3 minutes. Stir well and serve with “bones”.