Here are some things that weigh around 22 pounds:
– a pumpkin with a 35 inch circumference
– half a bushel of caramel coated apples (or 63)
– 11,990 M&Ms (or 218 standard bags of M&Ms)
– two average size black cats
– an 18-month old child dressed up like a ghost
– one full grown average sized goblin (speculation, of course)
– two and a half gallons of apple cider
– two 10-quart buckets full of Halloween candy
You may be wondering why I’m researching things that weigh 22 pounds. I’m trying to get a feel for how much weight I’ve lost since my husband and I decided to start eating healthier. Since it’s been a gradual process it’s been hard for me to look in the mirror and see much of a difference on a day by day basis. But realizing that just a matter of months ago I was carrying “63 apples” with me everywhere I went – that’s pretty amazing.
Yay me! 🙂
Here is one of Jeff’s and my FAVORITE healthy salads. When I went to the grocery store yesterday I saw that there was still fresh corn available and decided to go ahead and grab a few ears so that I could make this salad one more time before it truly gets cold.
It’s simple. It’s delicious. And it goes with almost anything that comes off the grill. Enjoy!
CORN AVOCADO and TOMATO SALAD
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 fresh ears of corn
- 2 medium tomaotes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 tsp sugar or your favorite sugar substitute (we use Truvia)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- crumbled Feta (we used fat free)
- Combine avocado and lime juice in a bowl and stir to gently coat avocados – this will prevent browning.
- Cut the corn off of the cob and place in the same bowl as the avocado.
- Add tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Add sweetener of your choice, salt and pepper and place in refrigerator until you are ready to eat.
- Just before serving add Feta cheese, if you please.